Viscontea tower

Until 1782 the town of Lecco was fortified with walls with the unusual triangular shape. In that year, because of the reforms imposed by the emperor Giuseppe II, the castle and its walls were pulled down. Only the quadrangular Tower, that was in origin the donjon of a visconteo castle of XIV century, remained.

The upper part is characterized from a crown, that dates back to the following century.

The tower was used as a jail, and then restored in 1933. Now it is seat of the Civic Museum of the Risorgimento and the Resistenza and collects weapons, documents and relics of the risorgimentale period.



lake Como tourism
tommstudio - Web Solutions
Via Guerra, 36
Italy 22015 Gravedona (CO)
P.IVA 02948970138

Sitemap :: LarioOnLine services

lago di Como -  lake Como -  Comer see -  Lac de Côme -  Comomeer
Accommodations on lake Como -  Italy Travel Guide -  Domaso lake Como
Gravedona lake Como -  Hotel, Camping, Apartments Domaso lake Como