• Palazzo Gallio Gravedona lago di Como

Palazzo Gallio

This palace was built for the investiture of Gravedona, Sorico and Dongo as the "Tre Pievi" county, conferred by Philip the Second upon Cardinal Gallio in 1579. It was built on the ruins of the Gravedona castle, probably following a plan by Pellegrino Tibaldi (1527-1596). After various ownerships, it now belongs to the Frova family and it is the seat of the Higher West Lario Mountain Community.

Externally the palace presents a square plan with solid angular towers lightened by loggias and belvederes. It has three floors and its aspect is softened by orders of windows. Internally there is a vast two-floor hall which various decorated rooms branch from.



lake Como tourism
tommstudio - Web Solutions
Via D.in Guerra, 36
Italy 22015 Gravedona (CO)
P.IVA 02948970138
email: info@tommstudio.it

Sitemap :: LarioOnLine services

lago di Como -  lake Como -  Comer see -  Lac de Côme -  Comomeer
Accommodations on lake Como -  Italy Travel Guide -  Domaso lake Como
Gravedona lake Como -  Hotel, Camping, Apartments Domaso lake Como