Belgioioso Palace

It was built by the Marquis Giacomo Locatelli in 1773 on an existing building. Subsequent owners were the principles Belgiojoso d'Este, after having bought the building in 1794, introduced some modifications to the vast garden under the architect Pollak directives. In 1830 it was then bought by the Soncino Press.

Presents the typical U-shaped open towards the garden, with a central body and unfinished porch eastern wing. In the Thirties, the palace was home to the then -A high school science. Manzoni-, a branch of the classic and most recently, The lobby porch of access to the building and the courtyard that leads to the large garden served as a real scenario for theatrical representations of good level.

Since 1928 it has hosted two important museums: the Museum of Natural History and the Archaeological Museum.



lake Como tourism
tommstudio - Web Solutions
Via Guerra, 36
Italy 22015 Gravedona (CO)
P.IVA 02948970138

Sitemap :: LarioOnLine services

lago di Como -  lake Como -  Comer see -  Lac de Côme -  Comomeer
Accommodations on lake Como -  Italy Travel Guide -  Domaso lake Como
Gravedona lake Como -  Hotel, Camping, Apartments Domaso lake Como